Wednesday, February 25, 2009

MAXIMA FAITH! (part two)

My wisdom tells me that if I need a car I should pray that God would help me make the best decision. My FAITH tells me that God will supply the best car for the money. Faith and wisdom go hand in hand. The bible says that if I need wisdom all I have to do is ask in faith.

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: James 1 ;: "5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."

My faith has been tested as of late. I have lost two jobs in one week, and have used my life savings over the last 18 months to help support my family. We are now on the precipice of loosing our home if the situation does not change quickly. I remember the times that God has helped us in the past. I worked in an commission environment for the past decade and have seen God supply our needs many times.

One year, I was only able to earn $8,000 over an eight month period. We found ourselves in a tough situation and saw God provide $46,000 over the next two months.

While this is the worst financial position we have been in we have seen God move in the past. We have actually seen our "practical faith" increase as our financial stability has decreased. We are ready to see god move anytime now and pray that He helps us during our times of unbelief.

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Mark 9:24;: "24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”"

MAXIMA FAITH (beliving for God to place us in a position in which we will be overwhelmed) is not apprpriate at this time. PRACTIAL FAITH (believing God will meet our needs and even provide an abundance) is biblical.

I pray that God provide you with prosperity, not problems, wisdom with your wealth, and much more PRACTIAL FAITH than MAXIMA FAITH.



No comments:

Post a Comment