Saturday, April 24, 2010

Who's in charge of building your house (part two)

Psalms 127:2-5 "2.In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat-- for he grants sleep to those he loves. 3.Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. 4.Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. 5.Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate."

I am going to sum these next few verses up in a more concise manner than I did with verse one. It's not because they are less important. My focus though from the start was to go into greater detail on the first verse. I believe it important to at least mention the rest of the chapter since it was written as one message. I am going to blog one verse at a time though since this requires some time to grasp each message contained in this short psalm.

"2.In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat-- for he grants sleep to those he loves. I am the first to admit I have spent too many nights breaking the principle behind the message of this verse. Jesus speaks to this in Matthew 6:26-32. The greater detail that Jesus uses provides a easier to digest message. God is aware you have legitimate needs and is more than willing to meet them. He will even do so without you asking. I am a work in progress on this one. Although I can certainly identify with v.32. Each day has enough trouble of its own. We don't have to spent time being concerned about things we can not control, or imagine problems that do not yet exist and worry about those.

I enourage you to spend some time in Matthew chapter 6 for yourself. Jesus' message is not wrapped in a riddle and will allow you to apply the truth of what He is preaching to the current storms of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment